Dear Trade Partner,
We have some important information about our flights to Colombo.
Sri Lankan nationals must have Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) approval to fly. If guests do not have this approval before their trip, they will not be able to fly and should not travel to the airport.
For Sri Lankan nationals departing from the UAE only, your guests can choose to stay in hotel quarantine. They will not require MOFA approval in this case, but must sign an indemnity form to cover all hotel costs before travelling. They will need to print this form and keep it with them throughout their trip – guests will be required to present this form for validation at check-in.
For guests travelling as a Sri Lankan national from any other country
Guests must receive prior approval before they fly from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). Without this they will not be able to travel.
All Sri Lankan nationals must email important information before travelling
Guests must then confirm their booking, by submitting either:
- a copy of the MOFA approval email
- or a signed Indemnity Form for self-paid quarantine, if they are departing from the UAE and choose this option.
Guests must email their documents to SLRepat@etihad.ae at least two days before their flight, along with their booking reference (PNR), passport copy and contact phone number. This is not necessary if they are travelling as a tourist.
For guests travelling to Sri Lanka as a tourist
There are some simple steps they will need to follow to receive their tourist visa:
· Visit srilanka.travel/helloagain to book and reserve their ‘Safe & Secure Level 1 hotel’.
· They must have COVID-19 insurance with cover for up to US $50,000 (USD 12 for one month’s cover) and pre-pay for one COVID-19 PCR test if staying up to seven days, or pre-pay for two PCR tests if staying up to eight days or more (USD 40 each) – insurance and COVID-19 tests will be automatically added to the price of their hotel, so no need to buy these separately.
· Then apply for a tourist visa at eta.gov.lk.
· The hotel will issue a reference number which guests need to include in their visa form under the section ‘Contact Details’. They will be asked for their ‘Address in Sri Lanka’ where they need to add their hotel name, address and the reference number provided by the hotel.
· Complete a health declaration form.
COVID-19 PCR testing is mandatory
For peace of mind and protection, guests must have a COVID-19 PCR test a maximum of 96 hours before their flight departure time to Colombo. Their test can be taken at any government accredited medical facility and must be in English.
Children under 12 are exempt from COVID-19 PCR testing.
Guests must print their test results and keep them with them throughout their trip – they will be required to present their result for validation at check-in.
On arrival to Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan nationals must test on arrival and proceed to government quarantine as directed by the Sri Lankan authorities - or self-isolate in an approved hotel provided they have travelled from the UAE and have signed their indemnity form.
Tourist visitors will undertake one COVID-19 PCR test when they arrive in Sri Lanka, and an additional PCR test if they are staying for eight days or more. Tests will be pre-paid as part of their hotel booking. The first test will be carried out when they arrive at their hotel.
Please remind all guests to read the latest travel regulations before they fly at etihad.com/destinationguide.