Please follow these guidelines to help guests impacted by COVID-19. Please refer to our Commercial Wavier policy for eligibility criteria.
1. Cancel the guest’s booking.
2. Inform the guest of the value of credit available.
3. Ideally, keep the PNR live during the rebooking period to simplify the process. If not, create a new booking when the guest decides to travel again.
4. The value of the ticket will be held in the GDS for future use.
This policy applies to all tickets that have been impacted by COVID-19 for travel on or before 30 June 2021.
Option 1: Exchange ticket
Option 2: Etihad Credit
Option 3: Refund ticket
Option 1: Exchange ticket
a) Reissue the ticket on or before 30 June 2021 to travel on or before 30 June 2021
b) Reissue the ticket on or before 30 June 2021 to travel between 01 July 2021 to 31 October 2021
Guest can contact booking agent, cancel his/her booking and advise when they are ready to travel again
Etihad Credit FAQs
To exchange a ticket with Etihad Credit plus bonus credit:
1. Cancel the booking and keep it live by using ‘OTH’, ‘RU’ or equivalent entry with a future date such as 30 June 2021
2. When the guest is ready to rebook, book new flights – the new flights can be on original or different routing
3. Price the new flights with current fares, taxes, fees and surcharges
4. Convert the bonus credit value into your local currency
5. Compare total price of original ticket and new price
6. Deduct the bonus credit value from the additional collection amount (ADC)
7. Endorse the ticket with “INVOL REISSUE DUE COVID19 FLIGHT CANCELLATION”.
8. Tickets where the new price is equal to or lower than the original price are not eligible for the Etihad Credit bonus at the moment
9. EMDs issued for ancillaries can be reassociated to the new ticket after the ticket is reissued
Tickets reissued involuntarily must be endorsed with INVOL followed by the reason for reissue in the endorsement box (e.g. INVOL REISSUE DUE COVID19 FLIGHT CANCELLATION). Failure to do so will result in ADM (Agent Debit Memo).
More about Etihad Credit plus bonus credit
Option 3: Refund
Refund without any penalty applies only if at least one of the Etihad Airways flights on the ticket were cancelled.
a) Refund any time
Guests are also entitled to a refund:
**If a guest tests positive for COVID-19 and they are unable to fly, to receive a refund they must present their positive COVID-19 PCR test result in line with country regulations, i.e the test must have been conducted 48-96 hours before their flight from an approved government facility. If the guest is unable to travel due to government travel restrictions at their point of origin or destination as outlined at etihad.com/destinationguide, a refund can be requested a maximum of 14 days before departure.
Travel agencies have to raise an email request with the nearest Sales Office in the region along with a copy of the positive result. Once the waiver is approved, a waiver code will be provided which must be updated along with the request for refund in BSP application by the travel agent.
Tickets refunded due to flight cancellations/misconnections must be endorsed with REFUND followed by the reason for refund in the endorsement box (e.g. REFUND DUE FLIGHT CANCELLATION/MISCONNECTION).
b) Refund after 12 months
From 25 August 2020, automated refunds through all Global Distribution Systems (GDS) will be re-activated. You’ll also be able to process refunds for e-tickets and EMDs through your GDS too.
– Ends –