Please follow these guidelines to help guests impacted by COVID-19. Please refer to our Commercial Wavier policy for eligibility criteria.
1. Cancel the guest’s booking.
2. Inform the guest of the value of credit available.
3. Ideally, keep the PNR live during the rebooking period to simplify the process. If not, create a new booking when the guest decides to travel again.
4. The value of the ticket will be held in the GDS for future use.
This policy applies to all tickets that have been impacted by COVID-19 for travel on or before 31 May 2022.
Option 1: Exchange ticket
Option 2: Etihad Credit
Option 3: Refund ticket
Option 1: Exchange ticket
Reissue the ticket on or before 31 May 2022 for travel within system range
Option 1a: Exchange ticket: Involuntary changes
Applies to Etihad flight cancellations, government-imposed capacity reductions leading to individual passenger cancellation and schedule changes where alternatives offered are not suitable.
Reissue the ticket on or before 31 May 2022 for travel within system range.
Option 1b: Exchange ticket: Voluntary changes
Guest can contact booking agent, cancel his/her booking and advise when they are ready to travel again
1. What is Etihad Credit?
Etihad Credit gives guests the flexibility to keep their ticket open and travel at another time that suits them.
2. What is the rebooking policy?
· Book by 31 May 2022
· Travel anywhere on our network within the travel system range
· Option to change route, fare type and cabin without any fees
· Fare difference applies for change in RBD
· If Etihad Credit isn’t used within 12 months of the first cancelled flight, guests will be entitled to a refund of the original ticket value
3. Is Etihad Credit available for guests who are booked with Etihad Airways but hold a ticket issued by another airline?
No, Etihad Credit is available for Etihad Airways issued tickets (starting with 607) only. Any changes to tickets issued by other airlines will be determined by the Commercial Waiver of the issuing airline.
4. The ticket was issued through a travel agent or tour operator and no fare is shown – it just shows IT/BT in the fare box. Is the guest eligible for Etihad Credit?
Yes, Etihad Credit is available for all Etihad Airways ticket holders.
5. Can guests use Etihad Credit to travel to a different destination?
Yes. Etihad Credit gives guests total flexibility to rebook their trip. They can choose any destination within the Etihad network.
6. Does this apply even if the current ticket is non-refundable and non-changeable?
Yes, all Etihad tickets are eligible.
7. Etihad usual ticket validity is 12 months from the date of issue or outbound flight. Does this still apply?
No. The normal ticket validity will be waived as long as tickets are rebooked by 31 May 2022.. Reissue the ticket before it gets expired from the system to extend the validity in accordance to the waiver policy.
8. What happens if the fare validity has expired?
This is fine. When the guest makes the new booking, any change fees will be waived. Only the fare difference, if any, for the new journey will be charged.
9. Can Etihad Credit be used to rebook for someone else?
No. The ticket can only be rebooked for the same person shown on the original ticket.
10. What happens if the same fare is not available?
This is fine. The new journey can be in any RBD. If there is a fare difference, this will be charged at the time the new journey is booked and the ticket is reissued.
11. What is the maximum period the ticket can be left open?
With Etihad Credit, tickets must be rebooked by 31 May 2022. Within Sabre, any ticket will be open for use up to 12 months after it is issued or flown. Please make sure to reissue the ticket before it is purged from the system.
12. Can I use the INVOL ticket reissue process with Etihad Credit?
No, this is not suitable in this case and shouldn’t be used. However, the reissued ticket must be endorsed with “INVOL DUE COVID19”
13. What if a guest’s infant becomes a child, or child becomes an adult by the time they choose to travel?
This is fine. The value of the original ticket can simply be used towards a new ticket later on. The fare difference to the child or adult fare will be charged at the time of reissue.
14. With multiple waivers now in place, can guests choose to use more than option?
No, guests must choose one option to cancel or change their trip.
15. A guest agrees to use their ticket for a future travel date, but later decides that they would like a refund. Will that be possible?
If the guest later decides that they’d like a refund, the standard refund fee and original fare rules will apply (exceptions apply). However, they will be eligible for a full refund if they apply for a refund after 12 months from the date of cancellation of the first flight.
16. If the value of the new ticket is lower than the original ticket, what happens?
This option is valid for reissue to tickets of the same or higher value. If the new journey is of a lower value, the ticket can be reissued, but no residual balance will be available.
17. Is this option only open to bookings made directly with Etihad?
No, this offer is open to all guests holding an Etihad Airways ticket, irrespective of where the ticket was issued.
18. What action is required from travel trade?
Travel agents and tour operators can use the same process. Keep the ticket open for future travel, and when the new booking is made, exchange the ticket and waive any applicable change fees from the original ticket. If a fare difference arises, collect the fare difference from the guest. Remember to add “INVOL EXCHANGED” as an endorsement to show that Etihad Credit has been used.
19. A guest has rebooked their new journey, and now wants to make a date change. Is this possible?
Yes, you can make changes subject to the conditions of the new fare.
20. When should the original booking be cancelled?
All flights must be cancelled before the original departure date to avoid a no-show fee.
21. A guest has travelled on part of the journey already, are they eligible for Etihad Credit?
Yes, you can still cancel the booking for the remainder of the journey, then make a new booking when you are ready. To use Etihad Credit, tickets must be rebooked by 31 May 2022.. The ticket can be used on the any route. All change fees will be waived; fare difference may apply.
For example, the original ticket BKK-AUH-FRA-AUH-BKK has been partially used; BKK-AUH-FRA. The guest wants to travel later, but isn’t sure when. Before 31 May 2022, the guest can make new travel plans to anywhere on the Etihad network, and choose to book FRA-AUH-BKK. All change fees will be waived and the fare difference may be charged.
22. Can unused ancillary EMDs be used when the new booking is made?
An unused ancillary can be re-associated to the new ticket for same sector or exchanged to match the new routing with difference in rate (if applicable)
23. I am unable to reprice the new itinerary using AER/ATC. What shall I do?
You may use manual pricing, ignoring the original fare rules (if already expired), ensuring the value of the old ticket is used towards the rebooked fare/itinerary.
24. The guests’ ticket is about to expire, but they’re not sure when they’d like to travel. What should I do?
You may reissue the ticket for any future date now in order to keep the ticket live in the system. The ticket can be reissued once again when the guest is ready to travel.
25. Can I reassociate the EMD myself?
Yes. If you have any issues, please feel free to call our Contact Centre.
Option 3: Refund
Refund without any penalty applies only if at least one of the Etihad Airways flights on the ticket were cancelled.
a) Refund any time
Guests are also entitled to a refund:
**If a guest tests positive for COVID-19 and they are unable to fly, to receive a refund they must present their positive COVID-19 PCR test result in line with country regulations, i.e the test must have been conducted 48-96 hours before their flight from an approved government facility. If the guest is unable to travel due to government travel restrictions at their point of origin or destination as outlined at etihad.com/destinationguide, a refund can be requested a maximum of 14 days before departure.
Travel agencies have to raise an email request with the nearest Sales Office in the region along with a copy of the positive result. Once the waiver is approved, a waiver code will be provided which must be updated along with the request for refund in BSP application by the travel agent.
Tickets refunded due to flight cancellations/misconnections must be endorsed with REFUND followed by the reason for refund in the endorsement box (e.g. REFUND DUE FLIGHT CANCELLATION/MISCONNECTION).
b) Refund after 12 months
Automated refunds through all Global Distribution Systems (GDS) are activated. You’ll also be able to process refunds for e-tickets and EMDs through your GDS too.
– Ends –